Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wrap Around Christmas


Welcome

A few month ago, I made a wrap around card.  You can see it here.
I just loved making it and thought I would make another one for Christmas.

Here's what I did.
I began with a standard card base cut 4 1/4" wide by 11" wide.   I measured and marked the center point of my paper, then placed the stamp into my Misti, positioning it over the center mark and stamped the check background.  I then masked the edges and stamped the trees over the checks using some black ink.  I love the look of the silhouette trees.
Next, I stamped the sentiment with some more black ink then scored and folded my card.  
I glued on two thin strips of black cardstock along the edges of my stamped area and added 3 little black gems under the sentiment.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Male Room- STAY CAS
AAA Cards- ONE LAYER/OPTIONAL TWIST FALL
Crafty Friends- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Plaid (Concord and 9th); Handlettered Holiday (MFT); Pine Trees (Impression Obsession)
Inks- Versafine Clair Nocturne; Bundled Sage DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); black cs
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black gems

17 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful card....the check with the pine trees looks fantastic, hugs, Lori m

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a good idea! Love it!

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card and just that little bit different Karen. Love the design and the pine trees, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

The wrap around effect looks so eye catching and what fabulous stamping on the background. The silhouette trees look wonderful against it x.

Christine Alexander said...

love the effect of wrapping the image around the card :)

Pat said...

The wrap around look is so interesting and that bit different Karen, and love the black silhouette trees over the green gingham background, and the added black strips on the edges with the black stamped sentiment and pretty black gems are great finishing touches. x

Anke said...

Great idea, wonderful card.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karen, and the softly coloured plaid looks so perfect behind the silhouette trees. Love that you have edged the image panel with black - it makes for a fabulous finish.
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

What a great design and idea.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Karen… Your card is gorgeous… love how you have wrapped the Trees around your card - great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Friends. It fits perfectly with our ‘Christmas’ challenge theme. Hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Tracie Pond said...

Neat design. Love the trees too. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards =) Tracie

Andreja said...

What a beautiful CAS card you made :-))
Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Karen! Love the wrap around look and the plaid with the silhouetted trees is SO pretty!! :0)

Bonnie said...

I love this wrap around design, Karen! The soft green plaid and black make a wonderful contrast! Another awesome card, my friend!

Quillish said...

Wow, That's so clever, and beautiful. Love the way the plaid and the trees are combined. Thank you for joining us at AAA cards, hugs ~ Ishani.

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous & lovely design ....enjoy your weekend.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a cool card. I love this idea.