Tuesday 19 November 2019

Snow Fun

Good Morning
Time for a fun card using some stamps from MFT and this great stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

I began by placing the Interlocking Squares stencil over my heavy white cardstock then sponged on some Gina K Amalgam ink over it with a blending brush.  I wanted the background to have a faint designs so the snowflakes could be the star of the show and that ink worked great for this.
Next, I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment using some black Versafine Clair ink.  Leaving the piece in my Misti, I randomly stamped the snowflakes around the sentiment.
I added some dark blue Nuvo drops to the center of my snowflakes.  I mounted the piece onto some white cardstock then onto a piece of kraft to help pick up the colour of the background.



Here is the stencil I used:

Interlocking Squares

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Handwritten Sentiments (MFT); Snowflakes (MFT)
Inks- Versafine Clair Noir; DOX inks; Gina K Amalgam
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); kraft
Accessories and Tools- Interlocking Squares stencil (A Colorful Life Designs; Nuvo Drops;
blending brush (Dollarama); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)


7 comments:

Pat said...

I love the geometric look of the interlocking squares Karen just softly inked in the background and the beautiful blue snowflakes with their pretty blue centres and a nice bold sentiment really work here. A gorgeous card! x

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, you always make me look at blue through fresh eyes... these are gorgeous stamped over the pale stenciling!
Another beautiful card!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another ingenious and beautiful card Karen.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

The subtle stencilling on the background looks wonderful for those striking snowflakes to shine.....A stunning card Karen x.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous background Karen and I love all those pretty snowflakes, it's a gorgeous card, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Background Karen, I love the stencil and snowflakes :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome snowflake design.