Saturday 9 November 2019

It's the Season




Welcome
It's snowy here and today's card reflects that icy feel.  
I love playing around with my DOX inks and seeing what kind of backgrounds I can come up with.  
I picked up a neat little tool by Vicki Boutin.  She is a fellow Canadian who love to dabble in mixed media and scrapbooking.  The tool is a silicon art wedge and is great for spreading Gesso or for creating ridges as it has some different notched edges.  

So onto my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  I rubbed some Peacock Feathers DOX ink onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with a bit of water and dipped the wedge into the wet ink.  I dragged the wedge from the sides in, repeated that process all around the edges.
Next, I wiped off the wedge and rubbed some Blueprint Sketch DOX on my mat and repeated that process again.  It's important to leave a bit of white space as you go along for relief. 
I splattered with some white acrylic paint and set the piece aside to dry.
I die cut the snowflake from SSS 3 times and glued it together for stability.  I used a Hemstitch die to cut the frame on the inside of my inked card front, I like that it added a framed look.

I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment.  I glued the snowflake onto the corner and added a blue dot to the center.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Sweet Stampin- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG
Craft Stamper Magazine- MAKE IT< TAKE IT

Supplies
Stamps-  Handlettered Holiday (MFT
Inks- DOX (TH); Versafine Clair Noir; white acrylic paint
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Vicki Boutin Silicon Art Wedge; Hemstitch square (Spellbinder); Snowflake die- SSS;
blue dot (YNS)

14 comments:

Pat said...

Dragging the silicone wedge tool from the outside in in those two pretty shades of blue has given a great look to the background Karen, and the SB Hemstitch die frame is beautiful, and love those gorgous snowflakes too. A fabulous card Karen. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Another gorgeous card Karen - that 'internal' frame is such a great feature, and I love how you have created patterns in the background inks
Blessings
Maxine

Kathyk said...

FAB results too - GR8 card

Kathyk

Lori m said...

Beautiful card the blue tones are perfect and so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Glenda a. said...

So simple but elegant card. Thanks for sharing your technique and will have to give it a try. I am Canadian as well and we got snow in NB on Friday and it is still here.

Bunny said...

Blue, white and snowflakes. Beautiful. My favorite, too. [Bunny]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Karen.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

What a striking background and the art wedge has produced some unique effects. Gorgeous colours of blues and the oversized snowflake looks fabulous x. Yes the hemstitch die cut makes a wonderful frame x.

Craftychris said...

Super cool background in such gorgeous colours making a wonderful card! xxx

Pat K said...

Fabulous background on this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card, Karen. Love the background!
Ellibelle's Corner

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your background is stunning. Love the blue shades, they highlight beautifully the white snowflake. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Bonnie said...

You are the queen when it comes to awesome background techniques, my friend! Love the streaks and points that makes me think of icicles and the beautiful blues! Fantastic framing and the snowflake is perfect for this background!

Loll said...

Loving this artsy background Karen. The design is so fun and your snowflake with the fantastic border really pop. Great work as always, my friend! xx