Monday 18 November 2019

Tall Trees

Welcome
Meet today's card.
This card was born from a botched attempt to do some Alcohol ink lifting using this wonderful Winter Woodland stamp from Penny Black.
I had inked up a piece of Yupo with some Ranger Alcohol inks and wanted to see what results I could get with the lifting ink.  When I lifted the ink from the Yupo and stamped it onto my cardstock, the print was terrible. You couldn't see the image well so I was going to pitch it but instead I tried a different approach.
 I moved my paper over slightly in my Misti and stamped with some black. It gave such a unique result that looked like a photograph and I loved it.
I watercolored in the sky with some diluted DOX inks and then splattered with lots of white acrylic paint.  I put the piece back into my Misti to stamp the sentiment from the Frosty Hello set by Penny Black.


Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- DON'T BE SHY
Sweet Stampers- CHRISTMAS
Daring Cardmakers- CHRISTMAS SONGS AND CAROLS
(I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas)

Supplies
Stamps- Frosty Hello (PB); Winter Woodland (PB)
Inks- Ranger AI Lifting; Versafine Clair Noir; Peacock Feather DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); white acrylic paint; paintbrush




9 comments:

Lori m said...

Karen another gorgeous card, it looks so pretty...fantastic winter scene card, hugs, Lori m

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is so pretty! And how fun that it originally was a mistake. It looks perfect now!

Pat said...

I'm glad you didn't give up on this because it turned out beautifully and love the way you stamped in black over the top to give a lovely crisp photo like finish Karen, it really works. x

Glennis F said...

I love the result Karen

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing scene with that beautiful background!
Ellibelle's Corner

JanR said...

Glad you decided to try to salvage this - it turned out amazing! You're right, it does look like a photograph. Such a wonderful card, Karen!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, I love that woodland scene. Great save with the re stamping in black :)

Kuni said...

Stunning card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous scene.