Friday 22 November 2019

Gather in Love

Hello
I wanted to get a chance to play with this wonderful Skeleton Leaf stencil and this great sentiment from Impression Obsession. They just seemed to go together well.  
I love this time of year when we are reminded about all we need to be thankful for.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and positioned the leaf over the top securing it with some Pixie Spray.  Pixie Spray is a repositionable spray for use with stencils. 
Next, I took a baby wipe and squeezed on a small amount of Peeled Paint Distress Re-inkers onto it.  ** Wear rubber gloves to prevent your hands from being all inky**
I took the inked baby wipe and pressed it onto my stencil.  Still using the same wipe, I squeezed on some Peacock Feathers DI and repeated the process.  I find this technique gives the inked background a more subtle look, more hand painted.  I added a bit of Salty Ocean and let the piece dry.
When it was dry, I splattered the front with some more ink, then stamped the sentiment using my Misti.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Here is the stencil I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs


Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- SO THANKFUL
Crafting With Attitude- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Gather in Love (Impression Obsession)
Inks- Versafine Clair Noir; Distress Re-inkers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); blue cs
Accessories and Tools- Skeleton Leaf Stencil (A Colorful Life Designs; Misti (My Sweet Petunia;
baby wipes; paintbrush; Pixie Spray

10 comments:

Viv said...

This is lovely Karen -the colours are beautiful.

Pat said...

I love the look of this skeleton leaf and in those pretty blues Karen, and finished with another great sentiment. A wonderful card! x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful card.

I posted a card today of the wrap around design of yours that is so nice. Thanks for sharing here, I always love what you create.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully created card Karen, the leaf stencil is so pretty and gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Donna said...

That stencil is gorgeous and I love the colours you've used!
We are SO THANKFUL you played along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Loll said...

Amazing stencil Karen. I love how you've coloured it with your baby wipe and re-inkers. I need to give that a try! You always inspire me, Karen! xx

lauren bergold said...

oh how i looooooove that beautiful and painterly background! lovely card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

Susan said...

Somehow missed this post but came to it from SCS to see how you did it - great technique that I'm going to try. A lovely card in a gorgeous blend of colours!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderfully done and with great design.

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
=]