Friday 21 December 2012

Wrapped Hugs

Today, at the Penny Black blog, we are featuring our gratitude by making thank-you cards.  Perfect timing to have them on hand to send out thanks after Christmas. 
The first card was created by stamping the image onto the cardstock front then stamped again, coloured with Copics and cut out so I could pop dot to add depth. 

The poinsettia card was created by first stamping the flower onto a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask. I cut it out so after stamping the main focal flower, I could mask it and stamp the other two on the corners.  I used my distress inks and a water pen to colour the poinsettias. Then when it was dry, I added some shading with Prisma Pencils, and added the black line to pull it all together.  Here it is:

Hope you are feeling ready for Christmas....I am getting there!
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Karen you talent meter is off the charts...from cute to elegant your cards shine. Merry Christmas!

Cathy A said...

Gorgeously cute and then you wow us with elegant too! Have a wonderful Christmas Karen x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, these are both absolutely darling and beautiful! I agree with Elizabeth about your talent meter being off the charts! You always inspire...and encourage! Merry Christmas!!

Loll said...

Two more fabulous cards! Thanks for always inspiring! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Loll xx