Saturday 19 October 2013

Shadow Art



Here is a card I made for the Inspiration Challenge today at Splitcoast from the iDesignMe site (pictured below) using the 'Magic Masking Tape' technique for the background which is easy to do.  
To create the bkg., I rubbed masking tape onto my Distress ink green pads, then pressed the masking tape onto my paper and  removed it to transfer the ink.  I really like the distressed look it gave.  I then overstamped with a bkg. image and added the silhouette of the boy on his bike.  I think this would be a fun card to give a teenage boy.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  Hope you get a chance to try this too.  

Supplies:  stamps; Flonz, Kaiser/ masking tape/ Distress ink/ Memento bl


6 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, how I love this, Karen! Really fantastic and I love the image of the boy flying off the bike!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Karen - perfect for a teen boy!

joy said...

Great background and the silhouette stamp is perfect for this. My grandson would love this card!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card!

Chris Dring said...

What a fantastic card Karen! Love how you achieved that background with inked up masking tape! That silhouette stamp makes for a perfect card for a teen aged boy! TFS!

Louise said...

Love that background. Will have to try this!