Sunday 27 October 2013

A Basket Full of Goodness


Delicious, shiny, mouth watering.  Who doesn't love a wonderful fresh and crisp apple.  I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast today.  I found this free digital image, printed it out and coloured it with Copic markers.  I added Glossy accents to the apples to make them appear shiny.  I kept my card simple by adding a doodled border and sponged the edges with Distress ink.  For a finishing touch, tied a piece of twine on the basket handle.  I am also adding my card to the Seize the Birthday challenge and the CASology challenge (country...where we would go to pick apples).

Supplies:  stamps; Studio G, free digital (http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.ca/2012/06/free-vintage-digital-stamp-basket-of.html) /Distress ink/ Glossy Accents/ blackline marker/ Memento bl




13 comments:

Deepti Stephens said...

Cute card..

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.

Judy1223 said...

Now this just calls out "COUNTRY" to me...the subtle distress inks on the edges, the crisp apple basket, the sweet doodle border...all wonderfully CAS, too! So glad you played along with CASology again this week!

Leni said...

Love it! This would be my choice this week :) !!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous fall card with the basket of apples! And so beautifully colored! Especially love the shading around the doodled frame! Fabulous, sweet friend!

Rosemary said...

yep... nothing says "country" more than a basket of crisp apples!! your card is gorgeous... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, this is just stunning! You really know how to make a focal point pop! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Wow - that yellow sponging adds so much warmth to the card - it really makes the basket stand out perfectly! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

Virginia L. said...

Love the shading and depth that you achieved, Karen! Sign of a true pro stamper! Hope you are enjoying Fall! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Robin K. said...

This looks like a winner to me:)

Nancy said...

I LOVE the shiny apples and the added border and sponging is such a nice touch….I may have to steal that idea sometime if you don't mind. Brilliant! Thanks for linking this wonderful card up with us over at Seize the Birthday.

Macarena said...

I just LOVE it! Amazing CAS card! Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!
Hugs, Marzena DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday!