Sunday 6 October 2013

Happy Holidays


Yesterday was World Card Making Day.  It is such an exciting day for anyone who is a cardmaker.  This is a joyous hobby shared by so many around the world.  With use of the internet, we can share, encourage and become friends with many that we have never met before in real life.  It is fun to also watch the trends in the paper crafting world by seeing what others are doing in another part of the world.  I am truly amazed and inspired at the beauty others can create using a piece of paper.

Anyways, on to today's card.  It is a simple one using masking and a big stamp from a Stampin Up set I won.  I masked off the area, sponged on Distress inks, splattered water then stamped the big snowflake and added the sentiment.  I was inspired by a book from Barnes and Noble seen below.
I am adding my card to the Korttikarkuri challenge; Stamp a Happy Christmas.
Thanks so very much for stopping by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Stampin Up/ Distress inks/ pop dots/ Memento ink


8 comments:

sandie said...

gorgeous masking and fab snowflake. So great to be inspired by a book cover. Karen, your card is perfect for a challenge we are running on my crafting buddy Nonni's site here-some fab new stamp sets to win. You can link up here
http://korttikarkuri.blogspot.fi/2013/10/lets-get-inky-stamp-happy-christmas.html

JanR said...

So classy!

Nonni said...

Hi Karen, your words on the World Card Making Day are spot on. With the help of internet I've met amazing people through card making and like you, I love to see what different people create in different places of our globe. Your card is stunning, pure simplified beauty! I love the big snowflake. Thank you so much for linking your card to my challenge! xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous snowflake Karen, love your masking and the way you've matted your panel, Cathy x

Benzi said...

A beautiful card, Karen...perfect for your inspiration.

sandie said...

Thanks for linking up to our challenge Karen, you know I love this card x

Ardyth said...

LOVE! SO simple and beautiful!

Kylie said...

Stunning with the black and blue!!! Thanks for joining in at Nonni's Christmas card challenge xx