Saturday 30 May 2020

Transformation



Welcome
Meet today's card.
I've been playing with some Alcohol inks and the Alcohol Lifting re-inker fluid to see what I could come up with. 

So here's what I did to create my card.
I began with a piece of Yupo paper.  Yupo has a plastic type coating on it and works well when using Alcohol Inks and Blending solutions.  The only problem with using Yupo is that when the inks are dry, the background can be tricky to stamp over as the surface is very slippery. 
So to remedy that problem, I created a Alcohol inked background onto Yupo, letting all the colours bloom by adding Rubbing Alcohol and some Ranger Blending Solution.  When I was happy with the colour blends, I let it dry then applied some of the Alcohol Lifting Re-inker along the top, dragged that down using a brayer, then rubbed a piece of heavy white cardstock over the print to lift.  It transferred the inks onto my white cs and I was left with a colourful print.

* helpful tip:  keep the piece of Yupo that you inked and lifted from.  You can wipe it clean using some Rubbing Alcohol and use it again and again for this technique*

My background dried instantly and was ready to be stamped onto.
First, I added some stenciling along the edges using the Meshing Around stencil and some Picked Raspberry Distress ink.  I randomly added stamping along the edges of my panel, then placed the piece into my Misti to stamp the flower in black.  I stamped it again onto another piece of white cardstock and fussy cut out just the flower head.  Using some diluted Distress inks, I lightly painted in the flower petal and then glued it over the stamped image.
I felt like it needed a bit of black, so using the edge of a credit card, I added some lines for interest.
I mounted the panel on some matching coloured cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES
My Time to Craft- USE A STENCIL
Creative Artiste Mixed Media- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Creative Chaos (Visible Image)
Inks- Versafine Clair Black; Alcohol inks (Ranger); Distress ink (TH); Alcohol Lifting
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (Meshing Around VI); brayer; Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
credit card; blending brush; paintbrush

17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So creative how you lifted the alcohol inks off the yupo onto the cardstock Karen x. A wonderful artsy card and so very unique x.

marilyn said...

Such a happy and totally artistic card. Thank you for your detailed instructions...wondering if you'd ever consider doing a video of this technique? Sounds like you're using Yupo like you would a Gelliplate and pulling a print from it? VERY creative and impressive.

Annie said...

This is an awesome card, Karen! I love how you processed this technique. My daughter loves using alcohol inks, so I showed her how you created this great looking card. You are so clever! I so appreciate all the great techniques you share with us!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

This is brilliant and so creative. Thank you for sharing, I am nowhere near ready to try this I am still struggling with distress ink at times but have made a note to revisit when I have more experience

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Karen, your colours and background are fabulous, Kate x

Glennis F said...

Fabulous result Karen, and something new for me to try!

Pat said...

This is wonderful Karen and the lifting technique has worked beautifully. I only have the ink lifting pad and not the bottle so obviously not going to work for me, but nevertheless a brilliant idea and the finished look with the VI flower is gorgeous. x

Christine Alexander said...

I really must pull this stamp out, You have given me so much amazing inspiration Karen :)

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning background and great inspiring technique using my fav VI stamp.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card, how you come up with all these techniques is just amazing and the results are awesome.
Take care
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome technique Karen - thank you for sharing it, along side this wonderful card!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Anna M. said...

Wonderful background and beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your technique.

Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the colours in the background and love all the techniques you used - thanks so much for explaining how you did it.

Anonymous said...

I’ve not tried my alcohol lift ink. I believe you’ve inspired me to get it out!

Loll said...

This is so creative, Karen. I would not have thought to transfer a whole design onto white card stock. But it looks AMAZING!! I love the colours of the AI's you've used to create a happy, rainbow-inspired card. Along with that amazing flower image, this is so inspirational, my friend! Did transferring the design make the final version softer colours?? Just curious. xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)

Bonnie said...

How did I miss this gorgeous card? Blogger isn't delivering to my inbox again. This is amazing, Karen! The colors are so bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for the inspiration, my friend!