Tuesday 26 May 2020

Be Happy


Hello and Welcome.
Meet today's card.
A simple one using a brayered/stenciled background.

So here's what I did.
  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I like to roll off any excess paint from my brayer onto a piece of card when using my Geli Plate.  For this one, I was using some blue and green paint, so I just rolled out the excess and voila; another bkg. piece.  I loved the look of these 2 colours blended together.
Next, using the Beautiful Reasons stencil from A Colorful Life Designs, I masked out the phrase (see below) and just used the word happy to create some background interest using my DOX inks.
I also added some stenciled dots for more interest.
Next, I used my Misti to stamp the leaf outline with black; it is a two-part stamp.  I positioned the solid part of the leaf into my Misti and inked it with more DOX inks, sprayed with water and stamped.  When it was dry, I fussy cut it out then glued it over my inked background.
I mounted the piece onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Here is the stencil I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
*Just use the code KarenFan10 to get a discount on stencils and masks.*

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Male Room- IN THE GARDEN
A Place to Start- CREATE A CUSTOM BKG
Allsorts Challenge- GINGHAM, STRIPES, DOTS

Supplies
Stamps- Botanicals (The Stamp Market)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX (Cracked Pistachio. Faded Jeans); acrylic paint
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- brayer; Beautiful Reasons (ALCD); Dotty (AALL and Create)
blending brush; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

16 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Gorgeous layers and love the soft colours.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card and super colours Karen, Kate x x

Pat said...

Very pretty blue and green tones Karen and great to use a scrap piece of brayered card, and the added words and dots stencilling works well on the background with these beautiful leaves. x

Mac Mable said...

Love how you did the background and what beautiful colours and a beautiful card x.

Kathleen said...

Super colours, great image and design, lovely background too. Thank you for joining our 'Gingham, stripes and dots' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card and great stencilled background.Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
Carol DT x

Helen said...

Beautifully designed - love your background.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, I love the variation in colour when you use the card to clean the brayer :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving how you are using your extra time to be so creative Karen - this is gorgeous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A GORGEOUS card, love the background, the 3D leaves, the quote, all so beautiful Karen. With both my hats on I'll say - Thank you so much for joining us in our In the Garden challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Andreja said...

Such a beautiful card :-)) I like colours!
Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.
Hugs, Andreja

Linby said...

Beautifully done in such lovely colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Linby said...

oops - thanks also for sharing with us at The Male Room!

TLady said...

Karen, I think you have the market on gelli plate designs! I think this is BEAUTIFUL!!! You inspire me to pull mine out & get to work! LOL LOVE the colors you used too! AND BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT to my blog! WHAT A NICE SURPRISE! HUGS!!! ;)<3

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely brayerd and stenciled background Karen - the perfect background for your layered stem! xx

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations, you were chosen as a Rising Star for the week May 25-31, 2020 at A Place To Start! Thanks for supporting our challenge! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge.

THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM