Friday 5 August 2022

Big Hello


Welcome
Today's card features just some of the many scraps I have in my stash.  
You know those little bits cut off from a larger piece...they are small but too good to throw away!
Some were done on the Gel Plate, some inked and some stenciled.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • First, I began by going through my scraps and I tried to find colours that would work together and were big enough for cutting down to make my strips.
  • I cut the scraps into flag shapes in different sizes just to make the panel look more interesting.
  • I took out a white card panel and stared gluing the strips onto it, fitting them together and leaving a bit of white space between them, until the panel was covered.
  • Next, I die cut the letters with some white cardstock 3 times and glued those together to add more stability to the card.
  • I glued a piece of lavender cardstock onto an A2 size card base, then added a white piece of cardstock over that.
  • I used foam tape to pop the panel with the strips on it over that.
  • I glued the letters in the center, then finally added 2 purple gems just under the hello.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- STENCILS AND DIES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX, acrylic paints
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Gel Plate, Speedball Brayer; Bold Basic Alphabet (Scrapbook.com)

3 comments:

Pat said...

Another brilliant way of using up all those scraps Karen and such a pretty mix of colours too and a lovely large sentiment over the top. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning result from using your scraps Karen - this is a fabulous card>
Blessings
Maxine

foleysfriend said...

I love that you created this fabulous card using scraps from other projects. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.