Friday 12 August 2022

Fancy Fold


Good Morning
Today's card is a 'Z' fold design.  
It is fun to change it up now and again and this fold is not complicated at all to do.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by getting my card base ready, a standard A2 size card base that was 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" when folded.  I scored and folded the front side panel in half. It creates a 'Z' fold card. Next, I went in search of the papers I wanted to use and cut them to size to create the back and front pieces.
  • I found this green print that I had done with Distress Oxide inks on my Gel Plate...I don't know what colours I used so I'm going to guess...Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint.  I just rub the ink pad directly onto the plate, use a brayer to smooth it out and then press my paper over to lift the print.
  • I took another piece of white cardstock, placed it into my Misti and randomly stamped the leaves from the Many Thanks set.  This set is a 2 part so I used the same colours as above to fill them in.
  • There was still a lot of white space so I used the end of a pencil eraser to add the dots.  The finished size of this panel was 4 x 3 1/4".
  • I glued the leaves panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto the front fold of my card. **Be sure to just add glue to the left hand side of the panel you are adding so the right side is not glued and your card will open. **
  • I stamped the sentiment onto some black cardstock using some Versamark ink and white heat embossed it.  I popped that over the leaves.

Here is what the card looks like open.
(my brayering wasn't the best!)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Sentiment strips (TE); Many Thanks (SSS)
Inks- Versamark, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- white embossing powder (Lawn Fawn); foam tape; ScorPal; 
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer; heat tool

4 comments:

Pat said...

I think this is a really pretty card and love the Z fold and the stamped leaves have quite a retro feel, and what a great idea to use the pencil eraser to add the coordinating coloured dots, also the brayer inked background goes beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful leaves, wonderful design, wonderful colours, a Wonderful card Karen.
Faith x

Martha said...

Hi Karen,

Your green Z fold is so pretty and graphic in design. I love the simple leaves from SSS but could not find the set with the information given. Is that set retired, or under another name?. I put in SSS Thank You, and also SSS Thank You leaves and had no luck. Would you please give me more info if possible about that set and if it is still available and where I might buy it? I love your style of cards and follow you. Thanks for creating such great cards and sharing them with us all. Be blessed, Martha

Karen Dunbrook said...

Hi Martha. Thanks for your most kind comments. I also went and looked on the SSS website and it looks as though that they have discontinued that set so sorry about that