Thursday 11 August 2022

Polar Bear Pal


Hello and Welcome
Meet today's card that I used a combination of a stencil and stamping.
Another one to have on hand to send out for the holidays.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock, then placed that onto my Make Art Station. 
  • I positioned the Cozy Knit stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over my paper and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • Next, I pulled out this fun Snowflake Turnabout stamp and positioned it into my Misti over my stenciled cardstock panel.  For those of you that are not familiar with the Turnabout stamps, you ink, turn your paper and ink again until you have turned your paper and stamped on all sides.  A stamp positioner is most helpful when using this type of stamp. I inked it up with some Peacock Feathers DOX ink and stamped.  
  • I turned my paper, cleaned off my stamp and inked again with some Blueprint Sketch and stamped.
  • I repeated that step 2 more times using some Dusty Concord and some Wilted Violet DOX ink.
  • Using a circle die, I cut a circle from the center of my finished panel and set aside.
  • I die cut a slightly larger circle from some white cardstock and glued the two circles together.
  • I stamped the Polar bear onto a piece of white cardstock, then used some diluted DOX ink (same colours as used in the background) and painted in the bear's scarf.
  • I added a slight hint of colour on his fur using a Copic marker and then fussy cut it out.
  • I stamped the sentiment from the same set and then tore the top of the paper to look like snow.  I rubbed a bit of ink along the edge as well.
  • I trimmed the torn paper to fit over the stenciled-inked die cut circle and glued them together.
  • I pop dotted the bear at the top of the circle over the torn edge and then pop dotted the whole larger circle back into place, matching it up with the background.
  • I added it onto an A2 size card panel.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Adding my card to these challenges:
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS
Time Out- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG

Supplies
Stamps- Snowflake Turnabout (Concord and 9th); Polar Bear Pals (MFT)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX, Copic marker
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Cozy Knit stencil (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; Infinity Circle dies (HA); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

12 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So very cute. Colours and layering are very well done.

cuilliesocks said...

Aww so cute Karen, it's a lovely image and beautifully designed, gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Pat said...

Such a cute polar bear Karen and a cleverly made background using the Cosy Knit stencil. The turnaround snowflakes work brilliantly over that and a wonderful idea to cut the circle from the background and mount it on a white circle with the sweet bear over the top. A delightful Christmas card. x

I Card Everyone said...

This dude never gets old - still as fun as he always was! I love the colors, Karen! Unusual colors at Christmas are always a treat and your stencils knitted together beautifully!
=]

Loll said...

Love the beautiful colours and layered design of your background, Karen. That polar bear is so adorable! xx

Bonnie said...

So cute, Karen! Love these colors!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Karen - love your busy background as it makes the bear really stand out against it
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Love this!! So ready for colder weather!!!

Epie said...

Lovely card nice colors
Hugs Epie

Kerry Parkinson said...

This is such a cute card and your background is amazing!

Michelle B. said...

I love your interpretation of "stitching", very clever! Adorable card and beautifully made. So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

Nancy said...

Great colours for your background! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!