Wednesday 10 August 2022

Dragonfly Dreams


Welcome
Today's card features a collage style, using this lovely dragonfly from Visible Image.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a white cardstock panel and inked it up with my brayer again.  I rolled my brayer onto some Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink, sprayed with water and rolled onto my paper.
  • I repeated that process using some Dried Marigold DOX ink until I was happy with the coverage of ink.
  • I stamped the dragonfly over to one side with black Versafine ink in my Misti.
  • I stamped the black dots in the corners and side using Grunge Tones and more black ink.
  • I stamped the details and the numbers with some more Carved Pumpkin DOX ink so it blended into the background.
  • I splattered with my black Posca pen.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a white A2 size card.
  • Finally, I added 3 black gems just under the sentiment.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cardz 4 Guyz- DISTRESS AND GRUNGE 
We Love Stamping- IN MY GARDEN

Supplies
Stamps-Dragonfly Reflections; Grunge Tones (Visible Image); Arty Alphas (Paper Rose)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white- Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Speedball Brayer; black Posca pen; 
black gems

13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully created Karen, I love the dragonfly and such gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen xx

dj said...

Gorgeous dragonfly card!! You did an awesome job on our "distress + grunge" challenge over at C4G...Thanks for playing along with us!!

brenda said...

A beautiful Dragonfly creation, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Just fabulous Karen.
Faith x

Linby said...

Love the bold and crisp black stamping against that wonderful inky background. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping. It would also be perfect for our challenge at Allsorts which runs for two weeks.

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful and thanks for sharing your process. I always want to know how lovely backgrounds like that are created. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

Pat said...

What a wonderful dragonfly by Visual Image, and the added stamping is so pretty tone on tone on the orange toned background and love the grunge dots which stand out in black to match the dragonfly..a really super card Karen. x

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background for this awesome dragonfly, Karen!

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the background you created.

Thanks for joining us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Stunning card. The collage work really ads to the distress and grunge feel. Like the two-color pop. So glad you joined us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Julie B said...

Love your textured background, the black stamping really stands out against it. It's perfect for the distress/grunge challenge at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Dawn Phillips said...

This is just so stunning. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x