Monday 3 October 2022

Feeling Grateful


Welcome
Meet today's card.
I wanted to use the newly released stencil called Mega Flower from A Colorful Life Designs to make a sunny, happy feeling card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • As always, I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I placed the Mega Flower stencil over my cardstock.  Beginning at the center of the flower, I inked up with some Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink.
  • I moved outwards over the stencil and inked next with some Carved Pumpkin and then finally some Mustard Seed on the outer edges.
  • I moved the stencil a bit to fill in some white area left along the side and inked again, filling up my whole card front.
  • I splattered with my black Posca pen to add interest.
  • I placed the finished panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment to one side.  
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • I added some white dots to the flower centers and 3 black gems around the sentiment to finish it off.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Let Us Be Grateful (IO-retired)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Make Art Station (Ranger);
black and white Posca pen, Misti

6 comments:

Pat said...

I love this large partial flower Karen and the colours are so bright and beautiful, and a wonderful sentiment too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Karen - love your ink blending on that wonderful stencil, and the sentiment is is so true
Blessings
Maxine

marilyn said...

What a fun card! Love the large stencil as well...just a bit different & works so well with your blending talents!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a joyful card and sentiment Karen, a Beautiful card.
Faith x

Bobby said...

The size of the flower really makes a statement, Karen, and the sentiment is perfect with it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the colours and the lovely sentiment.
Faith x