Sunday 30 October 2022

Holly Jolly Snowflake


Welcome
It's my turn to host the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at Splitcoast Stampers this week.
I'm calling my challenge Stripped Down.
I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire that inspired my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • First, I inked up a piece of white cardstock with some Distress Oxide ink.  No special technique here...just put ink all over your cardstock.  The colours I used were: Wilted Violet, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner and Prize Ribbon
  • I dried the ink on the panel and die cut it into strips, keeping them together in the order that I had inked them up.
  • When they were all cut, I glued them onto another piece of white cardstock, flipping every other strip around to face in the opposite direction.
  • I glued them all down and set aside to dry.
  • After the glue dried, I placed the piece into my Misti, rubbed over the panel with my anti-static powder and stamped the snowflake into the top corner with some Versamark ink and white heat embossed it.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen to give a snowy effect.
  • I used some foam tape to stick the finished piece onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto a piece of shimmer purple and then finally, onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I popped the sentiment over the panel.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Mon.- CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Warm Wishes Snowflake (Colorado Stamp); Christmas Sent strips (TE)
Inks- Distress Oxide; Versafine Clair; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- TE inking brushes; white eb powder; heat tool; 
white Posca pen; anti-static powder; Slim Strips die (Pinkfresh Studios)

11 comments:

Pat said...

This large snowflake is one of my favourite winter stamps, and the whole piece looks fabulous cut into strips and glued in place, and the strip sentiment looks great over the top...love the mix of violet with the blues, so bright and pretty. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful creation Karen, and such a great use of the technique
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Karen another brilliant design x

Anonymous said...

Lovely idea!

Susan said...

This has to be one of my favourites of your recent cards! Love the colours, love the technique (I must try it), and love that snowflake (which I have and must get it out and use it!).

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Karen, I love the design and colours, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

I ordered the beautiful snowflake stamp last year after seeing all your Gorgeous snowflake cards, one of which I received and still have my friend:-) I love your new technique and design and color choices, Karen. Thank you so much for sharing your detailed description and gorgeous photo. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

great technique, that makes such a pretty background ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love you switched the pieces Kate, how clever of you. The snowflake is just gorgeous. A Beautiful design.
Faith x

Bobby said...

I saw Jennifer do this and then immediately forgot about it. I love the colors you chose, Karen. They really make the white snowflake pop.

Loll said...

Very cool technique. This is really beautiful, Karen. xx