Tuesday 18 October 2022

Scripty Congrats


Welcome
Today's card was made using a white crayon and an embossing folder to create a unique background.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock, placed it into the Woodgrain embossing folder and ran it through my die cutting machine to emboss it.
  • With the raised side facing up, I rubbed over it with a white crayon.  The crayon acts as a resist when I apply the ink.
  • Next, I rubbed some Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink pad over the embossed background.  To add a bit more definition, I rubbed on a small touch of Black Soot DOX ink.
  • While I set that aside to dry, I die cut the sentiment and the flourish from some plain white cardstock a few times and then stacked and glued them all together.  
  • I glued the woodgrain panel onto another piece of white cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • I glued the sentiment and the flourishes in place.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Friends- USE MORE THEN ONE DIE
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
Happy Little Stampers- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- white cs (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Woodgrain EB folder (Sizzix); Flourish die (Dollar Tree); 
Congrats die (Paper Smooches- closed); white crayon

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Karen.
Faith x

Pat said...

What a great idea to use the wax resist technique on the woodgrain embossed background Karen, and the Hickory Smoke Oxide ink is a great colour, also the white sentiment and flourishes go beautifully over the top. x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design Karen, love the colours xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful resist background Karen, and a stunning card with the bold white embellishments and sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Another great card with a fabulous background and I love the beautiful sentiment die, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

Wow..your dry embossed and colored wood background is Stunning, Karen. TFS ALL the steps. Your stacked die cut flourish and sentiment really "stand out", my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

The Dream Pages said...

Thats an awesome white beauty..
Thank you for joining us at HLS die challenge.. take care, keep crafting..
Swapna

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! I love how you used wonderful dies!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge October "ATG".
Ileanaxx