Thursday 20 October 2022

Live Your Life


Hello and Welcome
Today, I'm using the new Leaf Frame stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I decided to challenge myself to use it in a different way.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out my Waffle Flower stencil mat and placed the Leaf Frame stencil over one corner of my 3 3/4" square piece of white cardstock.
  • I inked it up with some Carved Pumpkin and some Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink, blending the colours together.
  • I rotated the panel and inked again in the other 3 corners until the entire front was inked up.
  • Next, I grabbed my Mustard Seed DOX ink and lightly inked the edges and the center of the panel.
  • I splattered with a black Posca pen to add interest.
  • I placed the inked panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment into the center area.
  • I glued it onto a piece of orange cardstock, then onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
  • Finally, I added 3 black gems for interest.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cardz for Guyz- AUTUMN COLORS
Creative Crafters- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamp- Serendipity (discontinued)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Leaf Frame stencil (ACLD); Waffle Flower Stencil Mat;
black Posca pen; TE Blending Brushes

6 comments:

Pat said...

This is really pretty Karen and love the way you have used the circle of leaves with a portion in each corner for a different look, and a great sentiment too. x

Diane said...

Very pretty and creatively used!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design and I love the quote you used.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful sentiment you have the stencilling to show off.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Fall colors and a fantastic sentiment, Karen!

kiwimeskreations said...

A unique way to use the stencil Karen, and a fabulous result - love the vibrant colours contrasted with the black of the wonderful quote.
Blessings
Maxine