Monday 17 October 2022

Mad for Plaid


Welcome
I love seeing some plaid on a holiday card...how about you?
This one came together so easily using the Buffalo Plaid Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock and placing it onto my Make Art Station, then positioned the Buffalo Plaid stencil over that.
  • I decided to make my card monochromatic, so I inked it up first with some Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink, then added some Barn Door DOX ink, keeping it into just the center of the panel.  I kept most of my inking to the middle area and faded it out along the edges.  
  • I splattered using my white Posca pen to give a snowy look to my card.
  • Next, I took the panel and die cut a circle from the center and placed it into my Misti to stamp the sentiment and the little vines around it.
  • I die cut another white circle and glued them together.
  • I glued the plaid background onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I foam taped the circle back into the center of my inked background.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Adding my card to these challenges:
Winter Wonderland- LET IT SNOW
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUTS AND/OR STENCILS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Encircled in Warmth (SU); Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.) 
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen; 
Make Art Station (Ranger); TE Blending Brushes; Misti, Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts)

8 comments:

Pat said...

A beautiful and bright monochromatic look using this pretty plaid stencil Karen, and I love the darker centre area with the sentiment and it stands out beautifully backed in white and raised up with the foam. x

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Karen, I love the plaid and colours, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

LOve it!!
=]

Bobby said...

Gotta love a good plaid.

kiwimeskreations said...

The plaid background makes for a dramatic Christmas card karen - this is a beauty
Blessings
Maxine

Ã…saJ said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! Thanks for joining ATSM! Hugs Ã…sa

Michelle B. said...

Wow, I never would have thought you used a stencil to create the buffalo plaid - genius! Such a beautiful card, I love it all! So glad you joined us at Winter Wonderland!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Great Christmas card! I’m a lover of all things plaid! It goes with everything and every season. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT