Wednesday 26 October 2022

Watching the Leaves Fall


Welcome
Meet today's card using the new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Oak Elements.
You get a variety of 3 different designs with this stencil, lots of possibilities with this one.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and pulled out my Gel Plate, brayer and some Distress Oxide inks.
  • I rubbed some Carved Pumpkin and some Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink directly onto the Gel Plate, blended together with my brayer and placed the Oak Elements stencil onto my plate.
  • I rubbed the white cardstock over the stencil to create the print.
  • I let it dry and then added the stamped elements around it using some Carved Pumpkin DOX ink to add interest and to fill in the open areas.
  • I rubbed some Mustard Seed DOX all along the edges to add shading to the background.
  • I place the piece into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of yellow cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • Finally, to finish off my card, I added 3 orange gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Stamping Sensation- ALL THING AUTUMN
Cardz for Guyz- AUTUMNAL COLORS

Supplies
Stamp- Take Time (Impression Obsession- retired); Details stamps #307 (AALL and Create)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Gel Plate, Speedball Brayer; 
TE Blending Brushes; Misti

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is another fabulous creation Karen.
Faith x

brenda said...

Beautifully done Karen, but as you know we are a stamping challenge and apart from the sentiment you card is stencil work.

B x

dj said...

That oak stencil is fantastic...perfect choice for our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with our "fall colors" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Anonymous said...

Love this Karen. Very pretty and great colour combo ❤

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful way to illustrate the sentiment on this stunning card Karen - love the added stamping around the edges
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled Fall leaves and background, Karen. I LOVE your perfect sentiment and Fall colors. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy