Tuesday 25 October 2022

Your Big Day


Welcome
Meet today's card that came together easily.
I just picked up this fun sentiment and had to have a chance to use it.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and some Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks.
  • When I was happy with the inking, I place the panel into the Crazy Paints embossing folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.
  • Using a piece of sandpaper, I sanded off some of the high areas to reveal more of the pattern.
  • To help show the raised areas off even more, I rolled my brayer into a small amount of white acrylic paint and brayered over the top.  It added some more white to the raised areas.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the shadow part of the sentiment die with some black cardstock, then die cut the sentiment right from the center of the dried inked panel.
  • I glued the sentiment onto the shadow and set it aside.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I popped the sentiment back into place over the panel and added 3 black gems for interest.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SEEING SPOTS/ STRIPES
AAA Birthday- A FAVORITE TECHNIQUE 
(sanding embossing)
Allsorts- COLORS OF AUTUMN

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX; white acrylic paint
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Crazy Paints eb folder (Lisa Horton); It's Your Day die (Heffy Doodle);
Speedball brayer; white Posca pen; black gems

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Such fabulous texture Karen, lovely design and colours, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

I totally understand that, Karen! How fun is that?? I can see you using this one a ton!
=]

Pat said...

What a great sentiment Karen and it stands out beautifully against the black background, and the fun embossing folder is wonderful sanded back and with the added white brayered paint which makes it even prettier. x

Anonymous said...

Great techniques used that are simple to do and very effective. 👍

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Karen! Loving the bold colours and the texture. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

brenda said...

A wonderful fusion of seasonal colour, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Colours of Autumn' challenge this week.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely Autumnal creation I love the look of that texture thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

nancy littrell said...

Wow....TFS all the details of your inked layered background, 3D dry Embossing, sanding, splatters and more Fall card, Karen:-) I have started playing with my Gelli Plate Printing. There is a learning curve, but it is always fun to get inky:-) You always inspire me with your beauties. Happy Fall..enjoy the gorgeous colors. Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning and eye catching card Karen - love that you sanded the embossed pattern, and also added white ink for more emphasis.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane said...

Those hot fiery oranges really pack a punch. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Giorgia - Nel mondo di Jo said...

I love these colors and the giant letters! Beautiful card !!! Thanks for playing AAA Birthday, I hope to see you participate in the next challenges!