Saturday 10 February 2024

Grateful Garden

Welcome
Bringing on some cheerful with this happy card today.
A Colorful Life Designs has done it again with the new for February stencil called 

This set has 4 layering stencils that are so easy to ink up.  You can create a card in minutes.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock, placed the Layered Tulip Field Stencil #1 onto my paper and inked that up with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil, positioned Stencil #2 over the panel and inked that up with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.
  • Next, came Stencil #3 with the leaves that I inked with some Cracked Pistachio DOX ink.  
  • Lastly, Stencil #4, leaf details that I inked with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • After inking up all 4 stencils, I decided to add more colour to the background, so using the eraser on the end of a pencil, I stamped in the dots using the same colours as the flower heads.  It added a fun looking element to my card.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an orange piece then finally, onto a white A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil set I used:

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Mon.- FUN WITH STENCILS
Word Power- SENTIMENT IS THE FOCUS
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Be Grateful (Impression Obsession)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); pencil eraser

3 comments:

Pat said...

Pretty colours for this layered stencilling Karen, and such a lovely added sentiment. x

Diane said...

So very beautifully cheerful, love the pretty colors and what a great stencil it is!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very lovely, love the sentiment and the beautiful and colourful flowers. x