Monday 19 February 2024

May Your Wishes Bloom


Good Morning
Meet some more of the new for February stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called
This flowers stencil is a larger one and perfect for scrapbookers, but for my card, I used just one of the flowers.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed one of the flowers from the Four Flowers stencil over my paper. 
  • I inked the flower up with some Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink in the middle and then blended outwards with some Ripe Persimmon and some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I put new Rocky Path stencil right over it and inked again with the same colours. It added not only more colour but also interest to the flower.
  • I removed both stencils and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • When the panel was dry, I die cut the sentiment from it and cut the sentiment shadow in white.  I glued the two together.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto some orange the onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment over to the side of the flower and then finally, added a black gem to the middle of the flower head.

Here are the stencils I used:
Four Flowers


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
2 Sisters on the Blog- SOMETHING WITH THE LETTER 'M'
Beautiful Blossoms- ANYTHING FLORAL

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make A Wish die (SSS);
TE Blending Brushes; white Posca pen; black gem

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a vibrant card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda J said...

Oh my gosh Karen - this is so cool! I love the funky feel of this card and the fabulous colour combo. The white splatters are a perfect accent. Thanks so much for playing along with the topping at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Well if this didn't catch my eye right away in the gallery at Seize the Birthday! Awesome card, Karen! Happy to see you in our gallery!

Ashwini Rao said...

The flower looks really fab and funky. I love the color combo you've used as well. Its a great card design and I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another fabulous mix of stencils and colours Karen. Such a bright and happy card. x

Linda said...

What a fun, bright and beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

stampinwithanita said...

Hi Karen! Still creating beautiful works of art with double stencils, I see! So vibrant and eye catching. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! Anita Trippi