Saturday 3 February 2024

Happy Day!


Good Morning
Well, A Colorful Life Designs has done it again.
They have just added these wonderful new masks called 
There are 2 different size sets, but for my card, I used set B.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed the middle sized mask from the Marvelous Masks Hexagon B set onto the middle of my cardstock on my Make Art Station.
  • I inked over the mask with some Peacock Feather and then added some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink just along the edges.
  • I moved the mask around on my card front and kept inking with the same colours.
  • I placed the panel into my Misti and stamped the Wildflowers along the bottom with some more of the Villainous Potion DOX ink.  I love the look it gave.
  • While that dried, I rubbed some more of the Villainous DOX ink onto a scrap piece of white cardstock, splattered with my white Posca pen and then die cut out the sentiment.  I glued that onto the white shadow die I cut from another scrap.
  • I splattered the whole finished panel with my white Posca pen and then glued it onto a piece of pale mauve cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Finally, I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment near the top of the panel.

Here are the masks I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Cut It Up- THIS MAKES ME HAPPY
Tic Tac Toe- STENCIL,DIE CUT, FRAME

Supplies
Stamps- Wildflowers (Simon Says)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Happy Wishes die (SSS); Make Art Station

7 comments:

Pat said...

This is so pretty with the tile effect in the background Karen, and the blue and purple tones are gorgeous, and love the added wildflowers and the purple die cut sentiment looks great over the white shadow layer..makes it really pop. x

LesleyG said...

Just love this Karen! The colours are stunning, you’ve inked the hexagons so neatly, and I love the splatters and how you did the sentiment xxx

Susan said...

Gorgeous colours, wonderful shading! Love the hexagon shapes and the silhouette wildflowers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a very lovely and clever card Karen, love the hexagons.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the silhouette image against the hexagons - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Karen, and I do love your colour combination!!
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

It looks really pretty. Such amazing detail, really gorgeous colours and wonderful shading! Love the shapes and the lovely flowers.