Sunday 28 January 2024

Embossed Stenciling

Good Morning.
It's my turn to host the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at Splitcoast Stampers.
I'm calling this technique
It's a fun and easy technique to do and adds such great texture and interest to your card front.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by dry embossing a piece of white cardstock with a Houndstooth embossing folder.  
  • I placed the embossed piece onto my Make Art Station and placed the Snowflake Net stencil over that.  
  • I rubbed some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink over the snowflakes and then added some Broken China DOX ink to the rest of the open area. 
  • Next, I stamped the little skater onto a piece of scrap white cardstock, coloured it with my Copic markers and die cut it into a circle.  I rubbed some of the Broken China DOX ink that was still on my brush, along the edges of the circle.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some Uncharted Mariner and cut it into a strip.
  • I glued the card front panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the little skater image to one side and the sentiment to the other side.
  • Finally, I added some silver gems to finish my card off.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD TEXTURE
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL WEEK
CRAFT- WINTER

Supplies
Stamps- Wonderful Winterland (SU); Christmas (Dollar Tree)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Houndstooth EB Folder (Provo Craft);
TE Blending Brushes, silver gems; Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful result using the technique, Karen - and a sweet card.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! I like the pop of color from the little skater. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

Your technique gave a lot of dimension and color to your wonderful winter card, Karen. That little skater is having a ball. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

The skater is adorble and the stencilling...wow! Beautiful! So glad you found us this week at Just Us Girls!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How fabulous is this? Love it.
Faith x