Friday 19 January 2024

Heart Path


Good Morning
Today's card features the new for January stencil called 
from A Colorful Life Designs.
Perfect for creating some cards for Valentine's Day.

So, here's what I did to create this fun card.
  • I began by cutting 2 pieces of white cardstock as I wanted to do an Cover Plate Eclipse.  Go here to see how to do that technique.
  • I placed one of the pieces of cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Heart Path stencil over that.  I inked it up with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
  • I cleaned the stencil off and then I placed the second piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station with the stencil over it and inked again with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.
  • Next, I took the piece I had inked with the red and die cut it using a Polka Dots die.
  • I glued the die cut panel over the first stenciled panel, matching up the pattern.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I die cut the sentiment from some pink cardstock and glued it onto the white shadow word die.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment over the center of my card.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SENTIMENTAL YOU
Simon Says Wed.- LET'S HAVE SOME FUN
Ellibelle's Corner- HEARTS and or ROSES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; Polka Dot die (WR Memory Makers); 
Warm Hugs die (Heffy Doodle)

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a great way to use the stenciled images, Jo x

Pat said...

The eclipse technique works brilliantly here Karen with the two colour for the hearts and then the die cut coverplate circles cut from the first piece with the red hearts and placed over the pink heart layer gives it an pretty and very interesting look..love the large'Hugs' die cut to finish too. x

Ellibelle said...

This is so beautiful, I am loving all the hearts! So great to see you playing along at "I spy with my little eye" this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

JanR said...

Delightful card, Karen! Such a fantastic technique. I love red and pink together. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Pauline C said...

Beautiful cad Karen - love the warm colours with the hearts and fab sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy" challenge theme of "Hearts and/or Roses".
Pauline xx