Sunday 28 January 2024

Stenciled Die Cuts


Good Morning
Today's card is a simple one as I wanted to play with a new die that I just got along with the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I laid the Not Quite Stripes stencil over that and inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and turned it around and put it back over my first stenciling.  I inked again with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I took the stenciled panel and used the Eclectic Tree Outlines die to cut it out.  Be sure and keep all the little pieces when you die cut.  It helps to put some low tack tape across the back of your cardstock before die cutting it out to help hold all the little pieces in place.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then glued the little die cut pieces back into place over the panel.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of green cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I use some foam tape to add the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL WEEK
Cut it Up- THIS MAKES ME HAPPY

Supplies
Stamps- TE Sentiment Strips
Ink- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; Eclectic Tree Outlines die (SSS)

7 comments:

Pat said...

I love the different die cut trees cut from this lovely stencilled piece and such pretty green tones too Karen. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful selection of trees in this set Karen, and beautifully used on your card
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A great die to use with the stencil Karen, A super design and mix of colours. x

Bobby said...

What a great idea to turn the stencil around, Karen. It made a colorful design for those graphic trees. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Brenda said...

I absolutely love the fresh, crisp feel of your beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty green colors you used and what a great idea to turn the stencil around!! Love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Ina G said...

Loving those cool funky trees and super stencil Karen. A perfect CAS creation. Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up.