Sunday 21 January 2024

Layered Mixed Flowers


Good Morning.
I just love this new stencil for January from A Colorful Life Designs called 
Layered stencils are great and you can easily add multiple colours to your designs without having to mask areas off.  This is a 4 part stencil.
This stencil reminds me that Spring will eventually get here!

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put #1 Layered Mixed Flowers stencil over my paper.  I inked that stencil with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I positioned stencil #2 over the first inking and used some Picked Raspberry DOX ink to ink again.
  • I placed stencil #3 into place and inked the leaves with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • Last, but not least I added the flower centers with stencil #4 with some Black Soot DOX ink.
  • Next, I inked up a scrap of white cardstock with the Rustic Wilderness DOX ink and die cut the sentiment from that. I die cut the sentiment shadow right from the card front and then glued the sentiment over that.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto an A2 sized card base, then used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place, matching up the flower pattern.

Here is the stencil set I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SENTIMENTAL YOU
Simon Says Wed.- LET'S HAVE SOME FUN
Inkspirational- USE STENCILS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Oh What Fun die (A Pocket Full of Happiness)

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour mix Karen, a beautiful card.
Faith x

Julia Aston said...

Your layered stencils made it so easy to mix so many colors on your pretty background Karen! A bright and cheerful card with the die cut inlaid sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Stencils! Julia xx

Pat said...

What wonderful bright colours for the flowers which go together brilliantly Karen and love the coordinating green sentiment which you've placed over its shadow which looks great cut from the stencilled piece. x

Arlene said...

Great work using your new stencil. I love how you added the sentiment on top there. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

kiwimeskreations said...

A pretty and very cheerful card Karen - love the colours you chose
Blessings
Maxine

JanR said...

Loving the bright colours! Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Cindy C. said...

Your sentiment said, 'oh what fun'!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January.

foleysfriend said...

Love the pretty and bright colors on your card. It's a nice change from the dark, cloudy and dreary weather. I like how you created the sentiment - super fun and clever. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.