Saturday 20 January 2024

Happiest Birthday Wishes


Good Morning
I can't believe how quickly January is going by.
Today's card features one of the new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I took a piece of white cardstock and dry embossed it using an Alphabet folder.
  • I laid that embossed panel onto my Make Art Station. I put the Scrawled Pen stencil over that and inked it up with some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil and rubbed some Cracked Pistachio over the whole panel (although in the photo it looks blue) I placed the ink pad directly, laying it flat on the paper and rubbing over the raised areas.
  • While that dried, I die cut the sentiment 3 times with some more white cardstock and glued them together.
  • I glued the stenciled/embossed panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto some polka dot patterned paper, then onto and A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the Happy Birthday sentiment into the middle of my card and added some silver gems around it to finish it off.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SENTIMENTAL YOU
Seize the Birthday- EMBOSSING/DRY OR WET
Simon Says Wed.- LET'S HAVE SOME FUN

Supplies
Stamps- None
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
EB Folder (Carabelle Studios); TE Blending Brushes; Happy Birthday die (Amazon);
silver gems (Dollar Store)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Fabulous card, love the colours x

JanR said...

Splendid card! Your stencilling prowess makes me jealous! (: Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Pat said...

You always come up with some clever ways to use your stencils and this looks great Karen, and love the colours and the idea of mounting it over some pretty paper, and the white sentiment stands out beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another fabulous card Karen, great stencil.
Faith x

Linda said...

A fun card filled with lots of dimension. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

I enjoyed reading your process on this very cool card, Karen! Love that greeting so much! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday.