Saturday 6 January 2024

Get Cozy


Welcome
I love how today's card turned out.  
It reminds me of a warm, cozy sweater.
I'm using the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Scrawled Pen stencil over that.  
  • I inked up the middle area with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and the bottom and top edges with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I turned the stencil around and inked again as mentioned above.
  • It's hard to see in the photo, but next I used the Pierced Christmas Background to add texture and interest to the panel.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and let dry completely.
  • I die cut the sentiment from the center of the card panel, then die cut the sentiment shadow with some white cardstock and glued them together.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto a piece of navy and finally, onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment over the background.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- WHAT'S NEW
Simon Says Wed.- SOMETHING NEW
Word Power- SENTIMENT IS THE FOCUS
Color Hues- LIGHT BLUE AND NAVY

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen; Pierced Christmas Bkg (A Pocket Full of Happiness);
Let it Snow die (Photoplay)

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this stencil Karen and it reminds me of a nice cozy sweater too...definitely this morning when it's only 28 degrees out! Beautiful card and great use of our challenge colors...thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Pat said...

I love the fun stencil and pretty in the two blues Karen, and the large sentiment looks great over the top. x

Stef Perry said...

What a fun stencil, Karen and it looks fabulous in the challenge colors - so very wintery! Plus, that sentiment looks absolutely spectacular! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Darlene said...

Oh Karen this is just awesome! What a unique stencil ... what fun! Don't forget to share your stenciled creations with us over on our Stencil Fun Challenge (link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen, what a great stencil and card! I love the big Let it Snow, so perfect for this time of year. As I type this it's snowing outside! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Kate said...

Fab card Karen - the perfect way to chase away the winter blues! Love this big bold sentiment! Thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us at Time Out Challenges! Hope we'll see you again soon!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!