Monday 8 January 2024

A Little Birdie Told Me

Welcome
Today's card was a fun one using one of the new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called 
I have to say that I really miss seeing and hearing the birds in the winter as they are few and far between.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock and I dry embossed it with a Masonry Wall folder.  It gave such nice texture to the panel.
  • Next, I placed the embossed piece onto my Make Art Station and placed A Bunch of Birds stencil over that. 
  • I decided to give each bird their own unique colours, so I masked off the first one, inked and then moved the mask to the next.  The colours I used were:  Peacock Feathers, Uncharted Mariner, Cracked Pistachio and some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink.
  • After all the birds were stenciled, I added a black dot for the eyes and set aside to dry.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink and then clear heat embossed it. I cut it into a flag shape and then added a bit of light blue ink along the edges.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of navy cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment along the bottom.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- WHAT'S NEW
Simon Says Wed.- SOMETHING NEW
Colorful Options- BLUE LAGOON
We Love Stamping- SOMETHING NEW

Supplies
Stamp- A Little Bird Told Me (Dawn Houser)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Masonry Wall EB Folder (Altenew);
Black Posca pen; clear eb powder

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great birds Karen, love the shading on each, and the flag sentiment. I'm here with 2 hats on, so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Pat said...

I love all the stencilled birds coloured slight differently Karen, and the embossed brickwork makes a great background, and a fun sentiment to finish. x

Imke said...

Fabulous card, Karen- the wall behind the birds looks great ! Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon this week.

~ Imke, DT Member

kiwimeskreations said...

The stencilling over the embossing adds just so much interest to the birds, and the graphic pattern in the organic shape of the bird is so unexpected.
Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping this month
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Mrs A. said...

I am not a user of blue normally but seeing your beautiful card makes me think i really should be trying to do so. Seeing quite a few blue cards on my travels. Hugs Mrs A.

HilaryJane said...

That's a great stencil and I love how you have blended the colours to make each bird unique. Thanks for sharing them with us at we love stamping xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great style and perfectly designed, gorgeous in colour combo as well x

baileyrosy.com said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Colorful Options. The birds are fabulous oh how I love a stencil thank you so much for playing along.

Marie

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! This just works so well, Jo x