Saturday 27 January 2024

Dramatic Blooms

 

Good Morning
This new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs is a real eye catching design.
It is called:
I decided to create a monochromatic card using some shades of pink and red.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock on my Make Art Station and added the Dramatic Blooms stencil over that.  
  • I inked it up with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink and then blended some Lumberjack Plaid just into the center of the flower.
  • I repeated that process again on another piece of white cardstock, splattered both with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • When they were dry, I fussy cut out both flowers.
  • I glued one of the cut out flowers along the top edge of a piece of white cardstock, and the other one I had cut out was placed along the bottom with some foam tape to pop it up, overlapping the top one a bit.
  • I die cut the sentiment words from a piece of cardstock that I had inked up with some more Picked Raspberry DOX ink and splattered that, again with my white Posca pen.  I die cut the shadow part of the sentiment from some white cardstock, then glued them both together.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment along the top edge of the card front.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
My Time to Craft- HOBBIES (gardening)
Just Us Girls- STENCIL

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Make Art Station (Ranger); TE Blending Brushes; foam tape; 
sentiment die (SSS)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, I am seeing a bit of that Mid-century Modern design in that stencil! LOve that you used this bright pink! I needed a little brightness in my foggy day!
=]

Pat said...

This is a very pretty stencil and beautiful in shades of pink Karen, and a lovely pink on white sentiment to finish. x

kiwimeskreations said...

those stencil blooms certainly are dramatic, and you have made a stunning card using them
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a super impact the stencil makes in your fabulous choice of colour Karen.
Faith x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is fantastic, Karen. I love the stencil design, and the pink/red hues are wonderful. The splattering adds so much. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Becca Sadler said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at MTTC's hobbies theme challenge! --Becca

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time To Craft . Hope to see you again.