Friday 12 January 2024

Big Love


Hello and Welcome
Meet the new for January
stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  
Just in time for making some Valentine cards.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by rubbing some Broken China Distress Oxide ink onto this Embossing Folder and then ran it through my die cutting machine.  It transferred all the ink to the raised area and I was left with a fun, embossed piece for my card front.
  • I took that embossed panel and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I laid the Big Love stencil over that and inked it up with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • Next, I rubbed some Broken China DOX ink onto a white scrap of cardstock, splattered it with my white Posca pen and die cut the heart.
  • I glued the stenciled/embossed panel onto an white A2 sized card base and used some foam tape to pop the heart over the 'O'.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Word Power- WORDS THE MAIN FOCUS
Craft Rocket- EMBOSSING

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Circle EB folder (???); Heart die (HA); white Posca pen

9 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! FANTASTIC! This is a perfect example of what our newest challenge adventure is all about! Love your overall design concept ... well done! OH! And don't forget about our STENCIL FUN challenge which this card qualifies for also. You can find the link below. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Mrs Duck said...

Great card Karen. Thanks for joining in with the MAWTT challenge. 😊

Greta said...

How fun and creative!

Pat said...

The large stencilled 'LOVE' looks great Karen, and such a pretty inked background using an embossing folder, and finished with a pretty blue spattered heart..a perfect Valentine card. x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this LOve stencil and design Karen, xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Karen,
this is such a lovely stencil you have used and it makes for a fab card and design.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the LOVE Karen, great spotty background too.
Faith x

Gerrina said...

I think you really like blue and using a stencil with a text on it? Looks fresh by the blue! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Helen said...

Oh what a clever design and the blues on this fun card Karen. Great card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges. Hope you have a lovely day! :)