Sunday 29 October 2023

Cover Die Eclipse


Welcome
This week, it's my turn to host the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at Splitcoast Stampers.
The technique we will be trying out this week is called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • To do this technique, you will need a cover plate die.  I used the Simple Plaid cover plate die from Tim Holtz.   NOTE:  There are variations of this technique using stamping with you Misti and lining up the stamped images. If you don't have any cover dies, you could also use multiple small shape dies to cut the second panel and put them in place
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Waffle Flower Stencil Mat and inked up the Cozy Knit stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with some Rustic Wilderness and some Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink.
  • I placed a second piece of white cardstock onto my Stencil Mat and repeated the same process as mentioned above, using the same stencil and inks.
  • Using the Simple Plaid Cover Plate die, I die cut one of the panel.
  • I glued the die cut cover panel over the first panel I stenciled, matching up the pattern. It gave a fun, texture to the piece.  
  • While that dried, I die cut the sentiment from some white cardstock and glued it onto the matching shadow die cut in red.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.  
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment to the center of the card front.
  • Finally, I added 5 silver gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

I hope you get a chance to try this technique out and thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Inkspirational- WORD PROMPT COLD
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower);
TE Blending Brushes; Simple Plaid Cover Plate die (TH); 
Holiday Sayings die (Concord and 9th)

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an intriguing result Karen - I think you did this previously, and it took me a while to 'figure' it out then - I am still trying on this one... I must go back and find the older post...
Blessings
Maxine

crafty-stamper said...

Great eclipse card and knit stencil.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol x

Pat said...

I have seen this done before and adds that extra piece of interest. I love the stencil you used with this knitted look and the two colours are really pretty Karen, and the plaid cover plate die looks great match up and placed over the top..a beautiful seasonal card. x

I Card Everyone said...

You really know how to deck the halls in such interesting ways, Karen! I won't find time to try this technique, but I sure am glad I got to see your card! LOve the knit!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful, love how you stencilled with the colour mix.
Faith x