Wednesday 4 October 2023

Floral Beauties



Welcome
Today, I have the pleasure of joining the ladies over at 
I was a DT for that challenge for a few years and today, we are celebrating the 7th Birthday with the founders Aileen Ryan and Viv Hodge as they pass the baton onto the next creators to keep the challenge going.  A big thanks to Karren Johnson for keeping this fun challenge going.
Here is the challenge:


So, here's what I did for today's card.
  • I put a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the newly released 16 Circle Shadow Stencil over it, tilting it to one side.
  • Starting along the top, I inked it up with Distress Oxide inks in these colours:  Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and finally some Wilted Violet.  I purposely let each colour touch to create some more colour blends.
  • I removed the stencil and placed the panel into my Misti to stamp the flowers and the sentiment.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Beautiful You (STAMPlorations)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs)

11 comments:

Pat said...

Great to see you as a special GD over at The Flower Challenge as they celebrated their 7th birthday, and love the bold circles as a background to your pretty silhouette trees, and a lovely sentiment too. It is sad to see Aileen and Viv stepping down, but great that the challenge will be continuing in the capable hands of Karren. x

Loll said...

LOVE the colourful and fun background from your pretty flowers, Karen. Wonderful card to celebrate The Flower Challenge's 7th birthday. xx

Aileen said...

A perfect creation for our challenge sweetie. I can't thank you enough for all those years you were with us at The Flower Challenge. It's hard to believe it's seven years already. I love those colours you used on the card and thank you so much for being Guest Designer for this special occasion. Xx Aileen

Cindy Beach said...

Such gorgeous colors, Karen! A perfect backdrop for the flower silhouettes. Thanks for coming back to celebrate with us again!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful use of the stencil Karen, and I love the silhouette flowers in the foreground.
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Loving your beautiful card here Karen! love the colours, the bold circles and those trade-mark black silhouette flowers of yours too. Thanks for being our special Guest Designer this month too ;) hugs Viv xx

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful design Karen, such lovely colours too, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, I am SO pleased to see you 'on the team' again, my friend! Thanks so very much for joining us!
My brain is spinning thinking of the images that could be stamped on your sweet little circles - but you've stamped just the perfect thing - you always did/do!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the shaded circles, such a pretty mix of colours, and the stamped flowers are just lovely.
Faith x

Stef Perry said...

Karen, how wonderful to have you back as a guest designer for TFC's 7th birthday! Your bright and colorful stenciled background is a fun way to highlight the pretty floral silhouettes! Love it!

Bobby said...

I'm so glad you came to celebrate our birthday and Aileen's and Viv's retirement. Your colorful card is wonderful, Karen.