Monday 23 October 2023

Let's Be Merry


Welcome
Today's card is a fun one featuring the newly release stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
I love the whimsical look of the letters.  I pulled out my Gel Plate to create this one.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I started with a roll off sheet that had some red and green ink on it.  I keep these when I need to roll off my brayer while using my Gel Plate.
  • I got out my Gel Plate and pressed my Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide pad right onto the plate along the middle area.  I then pressed some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink along the top and bottom and used my brayer to blend the colours together.
  • I placed the Merry Christmas stencil UPSIDE DOWN (so the script transferred correctly), onto my plate and rubbed the roll off sheet over the plate to lift the pattern from the stencil that was on the plate.
  • Next, I wanted to define the rows of letters, so using the Simple Grid stencil, I added the rows of squares, masking as I went along.
  • To add more details, I added dots and splatters with my white Posca pen.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:
Merry Christmas


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES
Creative Inspiration- ANYTHING GOES
Little Red Wagon- PATTERNED PAPER or NOT

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook (Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer; white Posca pen

4 comments:

Imke said...

Love this card without DP, Karen.Fabulous stencil. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon this week .
~Imke , My Crafty Place

Pat said...

The roll off sheet makes a brilliant background Karen, and I love the two stencils used together, a finished with some super spattering and the red matted layer shows it off beautifully. x

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome stencil Karen, always presented beautifully xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the 'roll off' sheet Karen, and that stencil work is stunning
Blessings
Maxine