Saturday 28 October 2023

Layered Gingerbread Men


Welcome
Do seeing gingerbread men remind you of Christmas?
Well this newly released 2 part stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 
is just perfect for creating that look.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock, placed it onto my Make Art Station and then put stencil #1 from the Layered Gingerbread Men  (gingerbread men bodies) over my paper.
  • I inked using some Vintage Photo and some Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink to add colour.  I found that using 2 shades of the same colour gave the background more interest and detail.
  • I removed that stencil and placed stencil #2 (details) into place and inked it up with some Black Soot DOX ink.
  • I wanted to add some red details, so next I got out the Simple Grid stencil, masked off my card front panel and then added the little squares with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink between all the rows of the gingerbread men.
  • I rubbed the edges with some more of the Vintage Photo DOX and then glued the panel onto a piece of kraft cardstock and then onto a red A2 sized card base.
  • I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of red cardstock with some Versamark ink and then white heat embossed it.  I used some foam tape to pop that over the card front.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Krafty Chicks- ANY OCCASION
Crafty Catz- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Merry Sentiments (Scrapbook.com)
Inks- DOX; Veramark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); foam tape; white embossing powder

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A fun and cheerful card Karen - I recognised the rows of 'blocks' before you mentioned it was the same one you have used previously.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another wonderful mix of products Karen, and a super result.
Faith x

Pat said...

This is another clever mix of two stencils, and I love those sweet gingerbread men with the single line of graph squares in between, a pretty and fun Christmas card Karen. x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love all the gingerbread men, they sure do remind me of Christmas. I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT