Sunday 22 October 2023

Fetching Snowflake


Welcome
Today's card features the newly released Fetching Snowflake stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
Really fun snowflake to ink up.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station and centered the Fetching Snowflake stencil over my cardstock.  
  • Instead of inking first right over the stencil, I inked up the  large Burlap Background stamp with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink and stamped right over the stencil giving the background a lovely, textured look.
  • Keeping the stencil in place, I inked over it with some Salty Ocean DOX ink which outlined the snowflake perfectly.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.
  • I glued the inked panel onto a piece of navy cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- PATTERNED PAPER OR NOT

Supplies
Stamps- Burlap Background (TE); Christmas Cheer (Technique Tues.)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a fabulous result Karen - love your background stamping over the stencil!
Blessings
Maxine

Imke said...

Amazing card without DP, Karen.Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon this week .
~Imke , My Crafty Place

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful design with your stencil and stamping Karen - and it's certainly COLD! it gives me a shiver!! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: cold - Julia xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you made this, love the stamping with the stencil.
Faith x

Nonni said...

Such a stunning dimensional look! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!