Sunday 15 October 2023

Stick Wreath


Good Morning
Today's card is a simple one and I love the way it turned out.
It features the newly released Stick Wreath and the Christmas stamp set from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 4 inches as I wanted to make a square card.
  • I placed the cardstock onto my Make Art Station, placed the Stick Wreath over that and inked it up with some Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil, gave it a wipe and repositioned, shifting it slightly.  I inked it up with some Rustic Wilderness DOX.  
  • I repeated that process one more time, inking with Aged Mahogany DOX ink.
  • While that dried, I die cut the little bird and glued it all together.
  • I wanted the wreath to have some berries, so using the eraser end of a pencil, I inked it up with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX and stamped those in bunches of 3's.
  • I added some more Aged Mahogany DOX ink along the edges just to tone down the white. 
  • I added some white splatters with my Posca pen and placed the panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment from the new Christmas Stamp set.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a dark red 4 1/4 square card base and glued the bird along the bottom edge.


Here is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CHRISTMAS
Krafty Chicks- CHRISTMAS
ABC Christmas Alphabet= 'U' USE IT UP/'V' VERTICAL 
(used my scraps for the bird)

Supplies
Stamps- Christmas (A Colorful Life Designs)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white Posca pen;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); pencil eraser; 
Lovely Layer winter Birds (Honey Bee)

5 comments:

Pat said...

This is a beautiful stencilled wreath in the three different colours Karen and I love the pretty die cut bird you added and finished with the perfect sized sentiment, and what a great idea to use the eraser on the end of a pencil to stamp the berries...a great bit of ink blending with the added posca pen splatters for a touch of snow too. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All so beautiful, love the wreath and bird.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

An awesome result from moving that simple stencil Karen - love your colour combination and the bird in the dark colours is perfect
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

Fabulous card - love the way you moved the stencil and re-inked! A beautiful bird!

Fabiola said...

quelle splendide création Karen, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz