Tuesday 3 October 2023

Through the Window

 


Good Morning and Welcome
Lots of wonderful new releases for October over at A Colorful Life Designs.
Today's card is featuring 2 of the new stencils for this month called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the 16 Square Shadow stencil over my panel.  I inked over that with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink to fill in the squares, then added a bit of Tumbled Glass DOX ink along the edges just to add a bit more interest.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I put the Scandinavian Flowers stencil over it and inked it up with some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I splattered the whole panel with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • While that dried, I stamped and then die cut the sentiment.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment up over to the side.

Here are the stencils I used:
16 Square Shadow


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- LAYER UPON LAYER
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Big and Bold Sentiment and die (SSS)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); white Posca pen

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of colours Karen, and a fabulous result. Love that Scandinavian stencil
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

I love the squares with the leaves behind, just like looking through a window Karen, and such pretty tones of green and blue, and the large sentiment looks great over the top. x

Sari / Granne said...

Beautiful card, love the fresh leaves and the bold black combination. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 116 Challenge.