Monday 16 October 2023

Oh Christmas Tree


Welcome
Meet today's card.
A fun, whimsical one using a new mid-month release from A Colorful Life Designs called 
I paired it up with an older release called Playful Tree.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I put the Tall Skinny Tree stencil over the cardstock and inked it up with some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink.  I did the star with some Fossilized Amber DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencil and added just the berries from the Layered Holly stencil with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink onto the tree.
  • Next, I laid the Playful Tree stencil onto another piece of white cardstock and masked it off as I wanted the tree to be red and green.  I inked it up with some Lumberjack Plaid and some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • I used my white Posca pen to add some extra details to the trees and then I fussy cut them out.
  • Using another piece of white cardstock, I embossed it using a dot embossing folder and glued that onto a white card panel that I scored on the top and bottom of the embossing as a border.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the trees over each other and added the stamped sentiment.
  • Finally, I glued it all onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CHRISTMAS
Peace on Earth- ANYTHING CHRISTMAS AND INSPIRATION BOARD
Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Merry Sentiments (Scrapbook.com)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
white Posca pen; Make Art Station (Ranger); foam tape; dots eb folder (Sizzix)

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love the stylised trees stencilled and cut and they look great over the pretty dots embossing in the background Karen, and the sentiment in black stands out well over the top..a super card. x

Diane said...

Beautifully designed and unique trees, love the cheerful and happy colors too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

cuilliesocks said...

Such fabulous whimsical trees Karen, love them and the super bright colours, Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great pairing of the trees Karen, and I love the background you have placed them against
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More wonderful work Karen.
Faith x