Friday 6 October 2023

Happy Thanks


Welcome
Today's card features one of my favourite new releases from A Colorful Life Designs this month called 

Fall is in the air and this weekend we celebrate our Canadian Thanksgiving, so I decided to make a card for that using some warm Fall colours.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I found this 'roll off' sheet in my stash and used that as my starting point.  I cut it down to work as my card front panel.  The roll off sheets are the ones I roll my Brayer off onto when I'm using inks on my Gel Plate.  
  • I placed the panel onto my Make Art Station and put the Scandinavian Flowers over that.  I inked the stencil up with some Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon and some Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I found this negative die cut in my stash and used a piece of the roll off panel that was left when I cut it down, to back the sentiment.
  • I glued the dried panel onto some black cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the 'THANKS' sentiment over the center of my card.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- Fall Colours 
Simon Says Wed.- STENCIL FUN

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); white Posca Pen; die (Concord and 9th)

4 comments:

Pat said...

The stencilled design is really pretty Karen, and the yellow, orange and red look great together, and the contrast with the black mat and large negative die cut looks great backed with this piece of the original panel. It shows the worth of keeping these pieces as they often make perfect backgrounds as here. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous card with those vibrant autumnal colours Karen - love it, and your use of your roll-off sheets is so very effective!
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You do magic with stencils, Karen, this is a fun and a warm greeting.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I love your fall colors and that stencil is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!