Saturday 14 October 2023

Fluttering Snow


Hello and Welcome
Today's card is featuring the new Fluttering Snow stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
The technique I used on my card is called the Cover Die Eclipse. 
I love how it turned out on my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut 2 pieces of cardstock that were 4 x 4 inches square and put one of them onto my Make Art Station.
  • I placed the Fluttering Snow stencil over my cardstock, then inked it up with some Salty Ocean and some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink, removed the stencil and set aside to dry.
  • Next, I inked up the second piece of cardstock with the same stencil and this time I used some Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers DOX ink.
  • I was now left with 2 square panels inked with the same stencil.
  • I took the 2nd panel that I had inked and used the Simple Plaid die to cut it out.
  • I glued the die cut piece over the first one, matching up the pattern. I love the effect.  I glued that onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
  • I added a pre-printed sentiment and then finally added some silver gems to some of the snowflakes.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CHRISTMAS
Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger); Simple Plaid die (TH); silver gems (Dollar Store)

7 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

What a wonderful winter/Christmas card, you're so smart to work on those before the holiday rush sets in. My Christmas card production follows the motto "last minute panic". I like the classic blue & white colour scheme with a bit of bling, the white snowflakes and swirls look like ice flowers on a cottage window. The lines in the background create a nice texture. I couldn't figure out why the bold holiday message caught my eyes, but it might be that the "white on black" is so different from the usual way we see/write sentiments. An unintentional detail maybe, but a nice one for sure. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Pat said...

That is a great technique Karen and have seen something similar but with stamping not stencilling, and the eye really does deceive because it is very difficult to see that it is two layers. I love the colours and the snowflakes look really pretty. x

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a unique and beautiful technique! Thanks for the instructions, I want to give this a try! So glad you joined us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh! How clever of you, you always make such beautiful cards, thinking outside the box. Another card to love.
Faith x

Carol said...

Beautiful! My favorite color(s) and I love texture! Need I sawy more? Thanks for sharing this fab monochromatic card with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great technique Karen - it took me a while to figure out what you had done, (despite your details) until I looked really closely at the photograph!!
A fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Aston said...

Great technique used on this bright snowflake card Karen! Julia xx