Saturday 24 February 2024

My Wish for You


Good Morning
Today's card is a fun one using a new for February stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

Lots of possibilities with this one. 
Good one for layering too and it's big enough for scrapbook pages.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and then measured to find the center point.
  • Instead of laying the whole Spinning Sun stencil onto my cardstock, I laid just half of it onto the middle line that I had marked on the panel, then inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio and some Uncharted Mariner.
  • I repeated that process until the whole piece of cardstock was inked.
  • Using my white Posca pen, I splattered the whole thing and set aside to dry.
  • I got out a scrap piece of white cardstock and inked that up with some more of the Cracked Pistachio and some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink and cut the sentiment from that.  I splattered that as well.  I die cut the sentiment shadow with some white and glued the sentiment into place onto that.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base and used some foam tape to add the sentiment over the middle.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL WEEK
Craft Rocket- BIRTHDAY
As You Like It- MASCULINE OR FEMININE
(I think bold designs work best for men)
My Time to Craft- MAKE YOUR OWN BKGD

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); die- SSS; white Posca pen;
foam tape; TE Inking Brushes

5 comments:

Pat said...

The Spinning Sun stencil looks beautiful in the pretty blue and green Karen, and finished with some pretty white spattering and a lovely large die cut sentiment. x

Bobby said...

The way you designed the card makes the stencil look so different, Karen. You really do have a way with stencils. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Just Us Girls.

cm said...

A stencil sensation in every way, from the colours to the sentiment! Wonderful to see you in the Just Us Girls gallery!
~carol

Card Creator said...

Love how these colors came together so beautifully! Great masculine card! Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft
~Tamara

Sarah said...

Most definitely a bold (and beautiful) masculine card. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah