Friday 23 February 2024

Bee Happy

Welcome
Today's card was a fun one to create.
I used a couple of new stencils for February from A Colorful Life Designs called
I also used an older stencil called Buffalo Plaid.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock, placed the Double Honeycomb stencil over that and inked with some Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink.
  • I used a hexagon die to cut the stenciled panel into pieces and set aside.
  • Next, I cut another piece of white cardstock and  placed the Buffalo Plaid stencil over that.  I inked it with some Fossilized Amber DOX ink.  
  • I laid out all the little hexagon die cuts and using the Layered Bees stencil, added a bee to each of the hexagons using some Ripe Persimmon DOX ink and some Versafine Clair for the details.  
  • I added some inking around the outer edges of the hexagons and splattered with my black Posca pen.
  • I glued the Buffalo plaid background onto a 4 1/4" square card base.
  • Using some foam tape, I added the little hexagons over the Buffalo Plaid.
  • I had a piece of black shiny paper (recycled) and die cut the letters for the sentiment from that and glued them over the hexagons.

Here are the stencils I used:



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
Ellibelle's Corner- I SPY SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH 'B'
The Creative Crafters- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Hexagon Infinity dies (Hero Arts); black Posca pen; Ditsy Letters dies (Photoplay)

4 comments:

Pat said...

Three stencils together this time and what a great looking background for the sweet little stencilled bees Karen. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I admire how you use different stencils to make a colourful and wonderful card Karen. x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! Wonderful design!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "ATG". Ileanaxx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful use of stencils. Thanks so much for sharing with “I Spy” challenge “Something Beginning With B”.
Pauline xx