Tuesday 13 February 2024

Wanton Daisies

Welcome
Today, I'm doing some more stencil layering, a technique I really enjoy.
I used 2 new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Wanton Daisies stencil over that.  I inked it all up with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I put the Spinning Sun stencil right over the top of it and inked it up with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencils and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the sentiment with some orange cardstock, then some white and glued those together, offsetting them a bit.
  • I die cut the sentiment shadow from a piece of vellum and glued the stacked sentiment onto it.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of orange cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment into the center and added some silver gems around it to finish my card off.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Daisy Chain- FLOWERS
Love to Craft- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.); vellum
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Happy Birthday die (Amazon); silver gems

2 comments:

Pat said...

These two stencils go together brilliantly Karen and the ripe persimmon with the picked raspberry over the top with the circular mandala looking sun stencil has given that more yellow tone which is not what you would expect but it works so well, and the large white die cut sentiment finishes it beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You always have the best results with your stencils, this is beautiful, Karen. x