Saturday 2 March 2024

Bright Birthday


Welcome
Meet one of the new for March stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
I used just the tulip flower heads for my card and gave the stencil a whole new look.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • For today's card, I decided to use just the flowers heads from this stencil, so I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then positioned the flowers from the Layered Tulip Trio stencil over the middle of my panel.  
  • I wanted to make a 'sunny' feeling card so, I inked it up with some Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon and a hint of Lumberjack Plaid.
  • I lifted the stencil, shifted it into the other direction and inked again.
  • I repeated that process until the whole panel was inked.
  • Next, I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the birthday sentiment from a piece of white cardstock, then inked it with the same colours of ink that I had used for the stenciling.  To give the sentiment more prominence on the card front, I die cut it again 3 x's with some white and glued them all together.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of yellow cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 


Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
My Time to Craft- CREATE YOUR OWN BKG
Little Red Wagon- STENCIL POWER

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Make Art Station (Ranger), white Posca pen; Happy Birthday die (Amazon)

4 comments:

Pat said...

This is so vibrant in yellow, orange and a bit of red using just the tulip flower heads Karen, and the matching ink blended die cut sentiment looks wonderful over the top..a gorgeous card. x

Becca Sadler said...

Karen D: What a vibrant bold card using those sunny/fire colors! And what a terrific way to get more mileage out of your stencil! Very creative! Thanks for sharing at MTTC! --Becca

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love, love, love the "Bright" birthday card. x

I Card Everyone said...

So bright and cheerful, Karen! Guess whose tulips are peeking out of the ground already?? OY! I do hope they survive whatever weather we have next!
=]