Sunday 31 March 2024

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!

I hope your day is filled with many blessings.
I created a fun card using some new and older supplies.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock into my Misti and stamped the new to me bunny face with Versafine Clair black ink.
  • I die cut around the bunny head with the arched die, being sure to leave enough space at the bottom to stamp the Happy Easter greeting.
  • Next, I used some watercolour pencils to add the pink to the ears and nose and fill in some areas.
  • To add detail to the background, I used the Simple Mosaic stencil and some Broken China Distress Oxide ink to help ground the bunny.  
  • I used the ink left on my blending brush to ink the edges of the arch as well.
  • I dry embossed a piece of pale blue cardstock and sanded it slightly to give it a bit of a distressed look.
  • I glued the embossed cardstock onto an A2 sized card base and then used some foam tape to pop the bunny arch over that.  

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Little Red Wagon- ANIMAL ANTICS
Daring Cardmakers- EASTER THEME
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES STENCIL WEEK

Supplies
Stamps- Happy Easter (Craftsmart); Hipster Bunny (TH)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX, watercolour pencils
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Arches die (Photoplay); EB folder (Darice)

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a pretty card! Love how you used this bunny and your blue background! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful stamp you have used as the focal point Karen - a stunning result - the soft stencilling sets it off beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a super rabbit image, shown off well with the stencil background Karen. x

Bobby said...

What a great bunny stamp, Karen. That stencil worked well to show him off. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.