Sunday 3 March 2024

Let's Celebrate!


Welcome
Today's card has a great festive, happy feel to it.
I used the new for March 
stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I paired it up with and older release called Round Fragments to add more interest to the flowers.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I place the Heart Flowers stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.  
  • I took out the Round Fragments stencil and masked around a few of the elements on it to use as the flower centers.  I placed those over the flower centers and inked with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink.
  • Using the eraser end of a pencil, I added the dots randomly around the flowers using the same colours as mentioned above.
  • Next, I splattered the whole panel with my white Posca pen to add interest.
  • I die cut the sentiment from some red cardstock and the sentiment shadow from the center of the stenciled flowers.  I glued the red sentiment die cut onto the shadow.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment over the area that I had die cut away.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- STENCIL POWER
Seize the Birthday- RED AS THE MAIN COLOR
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); die (Heffy Doodle);
White Posca pen; foam tape; TE Blending Brushes

5 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Vibrant, wonderful card.

Pat said...

A beautiful mix with the flowers and fragments stencilling Karen, and love the bright colours, and the added large sentiment cut from this piece and inlaid with the letters in a darker tone which really makes them stand out...a terrific card. x

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! I'm seeing red and orange here, Karen! Gorgeous, btw! Be sure you tag Therese @lostinpaper over on Instagram!
=]

Nancy said...

Love the mix of orange and Red! This is such a happy card. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for incorporating the Topping.

Linda said...

Love your bold red and orange card. So pretty and definitely happy. Thanks for joining us at Seized the Birthday.